The Hampton Bay Tipton II 52 in. Ceiling Fan and Tipton Ceiling Fan are chic fans styled and designed with reversible blades to match different decors.
This ceiling fan is a transitional fan completed in an Oil-Rubbed-Bronze finish.
The integrated light kit offers great illumination and features a beautifully crafted glass-in-glass design which uses two 60 watt candelabra lightbulbs.
The large 172 mm x 17 mm motor offers superior air movement and comes with a lifetime motor warranty.
In this article we will consider the following:
- Tipton Ceiling Fan – Main Features
- Tipton Light Ceiling Fan – Glass Shade
- Tipton Ceiling Fan Replacement Parts
- Tipton Ceiling Fan Review
- Download the Tipton Ceiling Fan Manual
Tipton Ceiling Fan – Main Features
- 5 quiet and reversible maple/walnut blades. This allows you the flexibility to change your room decor style without having to replace the entire fan
- Dome style light kit that gives great illumination with frosted and clear glass
- Handheld fan remote control to allow you easy and convenient access to control independent speed and light settings and includes the battery
- Decorative fan canopy ring and ceiling fan coupling cover are incorporated into the design to conceal any screws
- Designed only for home interior use
- Uses two 60 watt candelabra lightbulbs which are included with the package
- A shorter 4.5 in. down rod to fit more closely to your ceiling
- 172 mm x 17 mm motor offers nice maximum air movement for those hot summers
- Will cool a large room up to 14 feet x 14 feet
- Lifetime motor warranty included
- Must be installed with the included light kit
Tipton Light Ceiling Fan – Light Fixture Glass Shade
We get some questions asked about the light kit and the glass shade so we thought we would answer these questions for you here.
Can you install the fan without the Light Kit?
No. You must install the light kit with the fan for it to operate correctly.
Can you install the fan without the middle glass shade?
No. The reason for this is because the glass shade covers the lightbulb housings and then directly above the lightbulb housing are the exposed screws along with a thin, heat protector material. The glass shade hides all of this making it more attractive to look at.
However, in saying that, if you are not so concerned about aesthetic looks then because the Frosted glass screws on last, if you wish to leave it off then you can.
Is the light fixture an integral part of the Tipton fan or can it be changed?
We get this question because some are actually more interested in being able to put the light fixture onto another fan.
Unfortunately, although the light kit looks very attractive, light kits are not interchangeable for the Tipton style fan.
Tipton Ceiling Fan Replacement Parts
If you are looking for repairs or replacement parts for your Tipton Ceiling fan then we have dedicated a whole post with videos to show you step by step how to achieve this.
We show you who to call and where to go to get the repairs done on your ceiling fan or replacement parts. We actually make the phone calls in the videos and talk to the people involved.
Please check the link below to read the article on Replacement Parts and Repairs and to view to videos:
Hampton Bay Tipton Ceiling Fan Replacement Parts
Tipton Ceiling Fan Review
With 42 customer reviews, we found the Tipton II 52in. Indoor Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan with Light Kit was given a total of 3.9 stars out of 5 stars.
Only 69% of customers would recommend this ceiling fan.
The appearance was one of the biggest selling pros, however the ease of installation was the biggest draw back.
We found that the fan actually looks really nice and stylish, however, that’s where the good stuff stops.
The included light kit, in our opinion, is too small and it only holds 2 lightbulbs, both of these lightbulbs can only be a maximum of 60 watts each, which is not anywhere near enough light for our guest-room (which has light-coloured painted walls).
Cosmetically, the different colours, maple and walnut, of the ceiling fan blades are not that much different, which was a big disappointment.
Unfortunately, we found the motor on this ceiling fan makes quite a LOT of noise when the blades rotate and is extremely unpleasant and which is especially loud and bad at the low and medium speeds.
We have tended to have had decent luck with Hampton Bay fans in the past, so maybe we have a bad version of this particular Tipton model.
Pros: Looks Great, Very Stylish
Cons: Very Poor Light Illumination, Annoying Motor Noise, Very Little Difference in the Reversible Blade Color
Hampton Bay Tipton Ceiling Fan Manual
We have a PDF copy of the Tipton Ceiling Fan Manual you can obtain simply by clicking on the link below.
For the Hampton Bay Tipton Ceiling Fan Manual please click here
Please share this post so others can benefit from it. We appreciate your help in getting the word out.
Please check out our other manuals reviews and tips on our article Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans