What we like about this Hampton Bay Industrial 60 inch Ceiling Fan is that its a real workhorse for those larger rooms that need cooling or help with heating in winter.
This beast of a fan is made with a very powerful 247 RPM motor, the Industrial 60 in. Ceiling Fan is well suited to those industrial rooms of 20 feet x 20 feet or larger.
It can deliver a good amount of air movement with up to 9,630 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) of airflow, and an easy to use and convenient wall-mounted remote control provides four speeds along with reverse functionality.
This ceiling fan has a very contemporary design and versatile three finishes to choose from, white, black and brushed steel which should blend well into many modern and older decors.
The Industrial Ceiling Fans very high-efficiency blade pitch provides for more airflow movement.
This ceiling fan has a single-mount that is very easy to install.
In this article we will discuss:
- Main Features of the Industrial 60 Inch Ceiling Fan
- Review of the Hampton Bay Industrial Ceiling Fan
- How To Install an Industrial Ceiling Fan in 12 Easy Steps with Illustrations
- Who Sells Industrial Ceiling Fans?
- Download Hampton Bay Industrial 60 inch Ceiling Fan Manual
Main Features of the Industrial 60 Inch Ceiling Fan
- 3 highly durable efficient blades in three finishes
- Very contemporary design
- Wall-mounted Remote Control with 4-speed operation including a handy reversible function
- Powerful larger motor delivering up to 247 RPM and airflow of 9,600 Cubic Feet per Minute of maximum air movement.
- An easy single-mount downrod installation
- Suitable for indoor industrial spaces, with a room size of 20 feet x 20 feet or larger
- Very efficient blade pitch for more improved airflow movement
Review of the Hampton Bay Industrial Ceiling Fan
This is one of those ceiling fans that are just really loved by one and all. We took a look at over 632 customer reviews and found a huge 93% would recommend this ceiling fan
We give this ceiling fan a total of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars overall with one of the highest ease of installation scores we have seen for any fan.
One feature we noticed that many had a problem with is the location of the reverse switch.
The location of the directional switch is meant to be under the hood. However, it is not there. We needed to spend a little time altering the wiring to get the reverse operation. We will probably need to do a DIY and install a switch ourselves.
However with that one problem out of the way, all we can do is give praise to this ceiling fan.
We were very pleased and impressed with the considerable airflow and how it operated with a beautiful quietness.
Just a note that although its named Industrial Ceiling Fan it is very suitable for your homeroom. In fact, most of the customers purchased this fan for their home environment.
We bought this ceiling fan for a bedroom and a TV lounge room.
Both of the rooms were always very hot and no matter how low we set the Air Conditioner we just simply could not feel any air moving, even though the rooms already had ceiling fans.
We were a little worried about purchasing the Industrial Ceiling Fans because the two rooms have only a standard ceiling height, roughly about 8 feet, but we are so very happy we did.
These ceiling fans do create strong air movement that both the bedroom and TV room feel nice and cold.
And since we live in Florida that says a lot. We plan on buying another one to replace the older ceiling fan in the living area.
How To Install An Industrial Ceiling Fan In 12 Easy Steps with Illustrative Pictures
If you are installing a smaller fan with a light kit then please refer to our article: How To Install a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan
Because industrial ceiling fans are larger than your normal standard home ceiling fan the installation is going to be a little bit different.
- You can use the existing light fixture for your ceiling fan by removing the shades, bulbs and screws that hold the fixture to the ceiling.
After ensuring all power is turned off to the light fixture, remove the light fixture disconnecting all of the wires.
- Obviously your Industrial ceiling fan will weigh more than the standard ceiling fan so you will need to ensure that your ceiling is fitted with a box that is suitable for ceiling fan support. If you are sure your ceiling fan box is suitable then proceed.
- Carefully drill a clean hole in the joist for the ‘J-hook’ bracket that was supplied with your Hampton Bay Industrial 60 inch ceiling fan to secure it to. Next, make sure you securely screw this ‘J-hook’ bracket into your ceiling joist.
- Carefully slide the supplied drop-rod over the fan wiring at the top of the industrial ceiling fan motor and then make sure you secure it tightly with the bolts.
- Next, slide the canopy down over the drop-rod so that the flat side of the ceiling fan canopy is directly facing downwards, and then make sure you secure it firmly to the down-rod with the appropriate screw.
- Next, you will need to slide the upper part of the canopy over your drop-rod ensuring that the flat piece of your canopy is directly facing upwards. DON’T secure this upper canopy yet.
- Find the U-shaped brackets and secure on either side of the top of the drop-rod, with appropriate bolts.
- Next, you will need to set the roller ball into your ‘U-shaped’ bracket, and then hang the completed ceiling fan assembly onto your ‘J-hook’.
- With your industrial ceiling fan wires, carefully match the colours of the ceiling fan wires (ground to ground, white to white and black to black) with the colours of the exposed wires from your ceiling. Hold the wires securely together using wire nuts.
- Next, Secure the upper canopy to the down-rod with the appropriate screw.
- Using the appropriate bolts and/or screws, install the ceiling fan blades to the holes in the top of the industrial ceiling fan motor, making sure that the fan blades are secure.
- Install the wall control by carefully connecting the ground wire from the wall to the ground wire from the wall control, the black wire from the wall to the black wire from the wall control, and the white wire from the wall to the white wire from the wall control using wire nuts. Next, make sure the wall control is secured to the wall box.
Illustrative Pictures thanks to: WikiHow
Note: If you are unsure please download the manual below for specific instructions and diagrams for the Hampton Bay Industrial 60 inch Ceiling Fan
Who Sells Industrial Ceiling Fans?
The next logical question is who sells Industrial Ceiling Fans?
If you are wanting the Hampton Bay Industrial 60 inch White Ceiling Fan or Industrial 60 inch Black Ceiling Fan or the Industrial 60 inch Brushed Steel Ceiling Fan then the best place to buy them would be your local Home Depot store.
Download Hampton Bay Industrial 60 inch Ceiling Fan Manual
To download your copy of the Hampton Bay Industrial Ceiling Fan Manual please click the link below. The PDF file can be viewed with Adobe PDF Reader.
Download the Hampton Bay Industrial 60 inch Indoor Ceiling Fan Manual Click Here