Looking for a ceiling fan that is ideal for your low ceiling? This indoor ceiling fan is what you probably need. With reversible 5 blades, you have the option to pick the color that you like, either white or brown, without having to replace the whole ceiling fan unit.
What I like about this ceiling fan is its adaptability. You can purchase the ceiling fan alone without the light kit. Which is really ideal for those who only need the ceiling fan, you will be able to install it without the light kit. But take notice that the light kit for this ceiling fan is available for those who want it. You can purchase it separately.
The Hawkins White Ceiling Fan comes in a few other similar models. We have the Hawkins 44 in. LED Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan and the Hawkins 44 in. Tarnished Bronze Ceiling Fan
On the Home Depot website, you can have this unit for only $50 which is a reasonable price. Today, we will find out if the quality of this product is as good as the price.
In this article, you will discover what I have learned that should help you decide if this ceiling fan is worth purchasing. Below are some topics that we will tackle in this article.
• Main Features of the Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 in. Ceiling Fan
• Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 in. Light Kit
• How do you Install Hampton Bay Hawkins Ceiling Fan?
• What Makes Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 in. Ceiling Fan Economical?
• Customer Reviews for Hawkins 44in. Ceiling Fan
• Download the Hampton Bay Hawkins Ceiling Fan Manual
Main Feature of the Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 in. Ceiling Fan
- Five reversible blades with two stunning colours that you can choose, white and medium brown/bleached oak.
- A finished white color for the entire fan. I think if you will be using the white blades, they will really complement the whole color of the ceiling fan, which is white
- As I have mentioned above the light kit is adaptable. The fan can be installed even without the light kit. However, the unit is compatible with a light kit that you can purchase separately.
- Includes a wall control
- An airflow up to 3,085 CFM
- It is easier to install because of the twist and lock attachment and concealed hardware.
- Good for indoor uses and efficient in cooling small rooms with a size of 10 ft. × 10ft or smaller rooms.
- It can be installed in the ceiling with light or without light kit.
- Economical in terms of energy consumption.
- Hampton Bay Hawkins 42 in. Light Kit
What will you do if you want to buy the light kit for this ceiling fan?
I got a little bit confused as I was reading about the customers’ review for this product. Some have been wanting to purchase a light kit that will fit this unit. So, I did some research about the Hawkins 44-inch light kit and found out that there is no specific light kit that is made purposely for this unit. The good thing is that, if you want a light kit for this ceiling fan you can purchase the Hampton Bay universal light kit.
When you are installing the light make sure that it fits in the bottom cap of the ceiling fan.
Another thing that you should take notice of are the wirings, the lights will work only if the wirings are compatible with the ceiling fan.
If you can encounter a problem while installing the light kit to this fan, you can contact the home depot assistance for troubleshooting (1-877-902-5588). Or check our article: Hampton Bay Replacement Parts
How do you Install a Hampton Bay Hawkins Ceiling Fan?
Some have found that a ceiling fan with a light Kit is more convenient. So how do you install this Hawkins Ceiling Fan with light kit?
Below are step by step instructions on how to install the Hawkins 44 inches ceiling fan.
To start, make sure that you copy your UPC number that is located on top of your motor assembly in case you need to contact customer service.
If you are not confident in the field of electrical proficiency and don’t have enough experience, I suggest you have your fan installed by an authorized electrician.
Remember that the installation requires an installed ceiling outlet box that is UL listed and acceptable for fan support of up to 35 pounds.
Here are tools that you will need:
- Philips Screw Driver
- Step Ladder
- Wire Stripper
- Electrical Tape
- At least spare about an hour to install the fan.
With your equipment ready and your new ceiling fan unpacked you can now begin the installation.
Notice: Before you begin, turn off power at the breaker.
Mounting The Ceiling Fan With Hugger Style Bracket
- First, prepare the mounting bracket by removing the four nuts and washers remove two screws in the ceiling outlet box then pass the supply wires through the centre hole.
- Align the mounting bracket over the screw holes and insert the remove screws. Tighten both screws securely. Carefully bring the fan motor up to the ceiling, and use the hole in the motor bracket to hang it from the hook
- Now you can make the electrical connections. Combine the ground wires from the ceiling box motor and hanger bracket together.
- Then, connect the white wire from the motor to the neutral wire from the box.
- Finally, connect the black fan wire and the blue light wire together with the hot wire from the box.
- If your box has two hot wires to control the fan and light separately, connect the black wire that controls the fan to one hot wire and the blue light wire that controls the light to the other hot wire
- Wrap electrical tape around the connection to hold the wires in place. Ensure that all wires are tucked up against the hanger bracket, then position the motor bracket over the four mounting studs and secure it with the washers and nuts.
- Ensure no wires are touching the top of the motor. Bring the motor housing up to the ceiling and place it over the motor. Align the slots on the housing with the studs on the motor bracket then rotate clockwise until snug. The fan is now properly mounted and the rest of the fan body is ready to be installed
Attaching The Ceiling Fan Blades With Blade Arm
- Attached the blade to the blade arm by aligning the holes and inserting the blade screws securely.
- Repeat the process for the remaining blades.
- Install all five fan blades assemblies by aligning and tightening the pre-assembled blade arm screws to the motors.
- With the fan blades assembled you can now install the light kit.
Installing The Light Kit With Glass Globe
- Remove all three mounting screws from the light kit. Bring the light kit up to the fan and connect the white wire plugs and the black and blue wire plug.
- Then align the slot on the light kit with the reverse switch as well as the holes on the light kit with the holes in the switch housing. Insert and tighten all 3 screws that were previously removed
- Install 340 Watts v8 candelabra bulbs. Slide the speed pull chain through the slot near the top of the light kit and through the keyhole near the bottom of the light kit
- Raise the glass shade up to the fan and insert the light pull chain through the centre hole and the speed pull chain through the second hole.
- Secure the metal nut onto the threading underneath the glass without over-tightening it. Place the glass over the nut ensuring the light pull chain goes to the centre hole and the speed pull chain goes through the second hole. Screw-in the decorative nut over the glass cap without over-tightening it.
- Finally, clip on the two pull chains and bobs.
- Now the power can now be restored at the breaker, the installation is complete and the fan is now ready to operate.
If you do not plan on using a light kit, an alternative switch cover housing is included to cap off the bottom of the switch housing
What Makes Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 in. Ceiling Fan Economical?
When it comes to the cost of this ceiling fan, we can say that it is undoubtedly an affordable unit. The price is reasonable.
When buying an appliance, we want something that is energy efficient. A nice feature of this fan is that it can function without the light kit, which is a good way to save energy.
So using only a small amount of electricity makes the Hampton Bay Hawkins Ceiling Fan economical.
Customer Reviews for Hawkins 44 in Ceiling Fan
With around 1,146 customers for this product, 567 of them gave this ceiling fan 5 stars with 75% of them recommending it. The overall rating is 4 stars out of 5 stars.
Some of the positive reviews that this ceiling fan has, is the fact that it is perfect for a lower ceiling and easy to install. Many have installed the unit in just 15 minutes.
Another thing that many appreciate with this model is the actual appearance.
It looks great, nice, clean and a beautiful addition to any room decoration.
Some of the negative feedback that we have seen is the loud humming noise when it’s on. Although a few found it really quiet. That is why you have to make sure that you are installing it correctly and following the manual.
Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 inch Ceiling Fan Manual
To download the Hampton Bay Hawkins White 44 inch Ceiling Fan Manual please click on the link below.
To download the Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 in. Tarnished Bronze Ceiling Fan please click on the link below.
To download the Hampton Bay Hawkins 44 in. LED Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan please click on the link below.