The Hampton Bay Glendale Ceiling Fan comes in two models with two different sizes – Glendale 52-inch Ceiling fan and the Glendale 42-inch Ceiling Fan.
If you are looking for a wide variety of choices in blade finishes or colours, then the Glendale Ceiling Fan is what you need.
|Hampton Bay Glendale 52 in.|
Ceiling Fan Finishes (Light Kit Included)
|Hampton Bay Glendale 42 in.|
Ceiling Fan Finishes (Light Kit Included)
|Glendale 52 in. LED Indoor Brushed Nickel||Glendale 42 in. LED Indoor Brushed Nickel|
|Glendale 52 in. LED Indoor Flemish Brass||–|
|Glendale 52 in. LED Indoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan||Glendale 42 in. LED Indoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan|
|Glendale 52 in. LED Indoor White Ceiling Fan||Glendale 42 in. LED Indoor White Ceiling Fan|
As you can see in the table above the Glendale 52 inch ceiling fan has 4 blade finishes; brushed nickel, flemish brass, oil rubbed bronze, and white.
On the other hand, the Glendale 42 inch ceiling fan has a choice of 3 blade finishes; the brushed nickel, oil rubbed bronze, and white.
One of the biggest differences that you will need to take into consideration when choosing between the 52-inch version and the 42-inch version is the airflow capacity. Check the main features below for the actual airflow capacity of both models.
Here are some of the topics that we will discuss in this article:
- Hampton Bay Glendale 52 inches Ceiling Fan Main Features.
- Hampton Bay Glendale 42 inches Ceiling Fan Main Features.
- How to Install Hampton Bay Glendale Ceiling Fan
- Hampton Bay Glendale Ceiling Fan Frequently Asked Question
- Glendale Ceiling Fan Review
- Hampton Bay Glendale 52 in. Ceiling Fan Manual
- Hampton Bay Glendale 42 in. Ceiling Fan Manual
First, let’s take a quick look at the dimensions of this ceiling fan unit. As stated already it has an overall width of 52 inches. Each fan blade has a length of 21.2 inches, and a width of 5.8 inches. The down rod length required for this ceiling fan is 4.5 inches.
We also recommend you take a look at the Glendale 52 in. LED Indoor Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan with Light Kit on Home Depot website.
Below are some of the main feature of this ceiling fan:
- The fan blade material was made from Medium Density Fiberboard, making it look super smooth and it is also durable
- An indoor ceiling fan that can work either residential or commercial large rooms.
- A wide selection of colours with five reversible blades
- Frosted amber glass style that will stand out in your living room. The light type is shades
- An airflow speed of 4,329 cubic feet per minute
- Powered by three 9.5 wattage LED light bulbs that are included in the package. It is compatible with the Light Bulb Base Code of E26
- For mounting type, you have many options: downrod mounting, flush mounting, or angled mounting
- You have a wide choice of styles that will match your room decoration, from transitional, modern, or classic style
- Lifetime motor warranty
There are some obvious differences between this Glendale 42 inch ceiling fan and the Glendale 52 inch ceiling fan in terms of their dimensions.
The ceiling fan width of the Glendale 42 inch ceiling fan is 42 inches.
Each of the fan blades has a length of 16.73 inches, 4.47 inches smaller than the Glendale 52 inch ceiling fan.
You will notice there is very little difference between the fan blade widths, from 5.8 inches in Glendale 52, to 5.47 inches with the Glendale 42.
- Like the Glendale 52 inch ceiling fan, the fan blade material is made from Medium Density Fiberboard
- Indoor ceiling fan for small room size of up to 10 ft. x 10 ft., residential or commercial use
- Quick Installation, reversible blade, and reversible motor
- Used AccuArm blade technology for an easy alignment
- Five reversible blades
- Frosted glass shades style
- An airflow of 2679 cubic per minute and a motor speed of 218
- Powered by three 9.5 wattages LED light bulb
- The recommended Light Bulb Shape Code is A19 and a Light Bulb Base Code of E26
- Mounting type: downrod mounting, flush mounting, and angled mounting.
- The style is classical
- Lifetime motor warranty
If you need information on how to get a replacement part for the Glendale Ceiling Fan, this article Hampton Bay Replacement Part can help you.
The 52 inch Glendale Fan we found to be a low-cost practical ceiling fan that is perfectly suited for large rooms.
If you are having issues installing your fan then take a look at these step by step instructions below or download the manual at the end of this article.
I suggest you copy the UPC number that can be found on the motor assembly, in case, you might need to contact the customer service later if you encounter a problem with your ceiling fan unit. They can easily assist you if you have your UPC number ready.
The Tri-Mount Feature of this Glendale 52 in. Ceiling Fan allows you to install this fan on different types of ceilings.
For Standard Ceiling and the Sloped Ceiling that is less than 18°, you can use downrod installation and for Low Ceiling you can use Alternate Flush Mount Installation.
If you feel that you are not capable of installing the fan because of not having enough experience, then ask for a licensed electrician.
A word of caution before you start: Make sure to turn off the power at the breaker before starting.
For the installation of the ceiling fan you will be needing the following tools:
- Ceiling Outlet Box – This box should be acceptable for fan support
- Philip screwdriver
- Step Ladder
- Wire Stripper
- Electrical tape
- Prepare the canopy assembly by unscrewing the two non-slotted mounting bracket screws. Loosen the remaining two slotted screws, the hanger bracket can now be removed.
- Now, prepare the motor coupling by removing the clevis pin and cutter pin, loosen the two-colour set screws.
On the hanger ball gallon drive assembly loosen the set screw and lower the ball off the down rod. Remove the cross pin and the ground lead.
- Next, assemble the fan by feeding the motors wires through the down rod and inserting it into the motors collar. Align the holes on the down rod with the holes on the collar then insert the clevis pin and cotter pin. Tighten the two collars set screw.
Slide the canopy onto the down rod then carefully reinstall the hanger ball.
Attaching the Mounting Bracket
- Remove the two screws in the ceiling box, passing the supply wire into the centre hole, then, now you can attach the bracket by placing it over the screw holes and then inserting the removed screws. Make sure to tighten both of the screws securely to avoid any noise when the installation is done.
- Bring the fan unit up to the ceiling and slide the hanger ball into the hanger bracket to hold it up. The tab in the mounting bracket needs to be aligned with the groove in the hanger ball.
Connecting the Electrical Wiring
- Merge the ground wires coming from the ceiling fan box down rod and the hanger bracket together. Then, carefully connect the white-coloured wire from the motor to the neutral wire from the box.
- Finally, connect the black fan wire and the blue light wire from the motor together with the hot wire from the box. Usually, there are two hot wires in the box that controls the fan and the light separately, attach the black wire that controls the fan into one hot wire and attach the blue wire that controls the light into the other hot wire.
- Wrap electrical tape around the connections to hold the wire in place. Then, push the wires neatly into the box. Assemble the canopy by sliding it up to the ceiling and twisting it into place over the two screws on the hanger bracket. Insert the removed screws and tighten all four securely. The fan is now secure and properly mounted and the rest of the fan body is ready to be installed. For the next process refer to attaching fan blades and installing the light kit below.
Alternate Flush Mount Installation
- Prepare the canopy assembly by unscrewing the two non-soldered mounting bracket screws. Loosen the remaining two slotted screws. Take away the hanger bracket and the bottom canopy cover.
- Now prepare the motor by removing three of the six collar screws to make a triangle pattern. Then assemble the fan by placing the canopy on top of the motor.
- Place the screws of the canopy with screws on the collar and insert the three screws that were removed to secure the canopy to the motor.
Attaching the Mounting Brackets
- Take the two screws away from the ceiling box and pass the supply wires to the centre hole, then place the bracket over the screw holes and insert the screws that you have taken away. Make sure to tighten both screws securely to avoid problems.
- Bring the fan up into the ceiling safely, use one of the holes that you can see in the canopy to hang it from the hanger brackets hook.
Connecting the Electrical Wiring
- Merge the ground wires that are coming from the ceiling box and hanger bracket together. Then, connect the white-colored wire from the motor to the neutral wire from the box.
- Follow the same instruction that we used in downrod installation number 7 and 8 steps.
Attaching the Fan Blades
- The fan motor assembly is shipped with a rubber packing mount to prevent movement during transportation. Use a screwdriver to remove all five packing mounts from underneath the motor assembly.
- Attach the blade to the blade arm by aligning the holes and inserting the blade screw securely. Repeat the process for the remaining blades.
- Finish the fan blades assembly’s by placing and tightening the pre-assembled blade arm screws into the motor.
Installing the light kit
- When installing the light kit, you have to take all three mounting screws away, after that, safely bring the light kit into the fan and align then connect the white wire plugs, black and same thing with the blue wire plugs.
- Then align the slot on the light kit with the reverse switch, including the holes on the light kit and also with the holes on the switch housing. Slowly insert and do not forget to tighten all of the three screws that were taken away.
- Bring the frosted glass shade up to the light kit that was installed, and loosen all three thumb screws that are in the glass shade.
- Slide the glass shade into the socket, and then carefully tighten all the three thumb screws evenly around the glass shade to secure it in place.
- Do the same process to other glass shade. Install the three light bulbs. Lastly, attach the two pull chains. Time to restore the power and test your Glendale Ceiling Fan.
How many blades does this fan have? This model consists of five blades with different finishes, Glendale 52 in. is available in 4 colors while the Glendale 42 in. is available in 3 color finishes. The blades are also reversible.
Can I use a regular incandescent bulb with this fan? This ceiling fan comes with 3 LED light bulb but if you want to use an incandescent bulb you can use a bulb wattage up to 60.
Can I use this fan in the garage? It is not recommended; this fan is made for indoor purposes. It shouldn’t be in contact with the outdoor elements than could be found in the garage. I recommend that for garage use try checking for a fan that is made for outdoor use.
What is the maximum slope this model can accommodate? The maximum slope or angle that this fan can accommodate is 18°. If it is greater than the recommended slope of 18° you may use the universal slope adaptor.
The Fan is shaking what can I do to Fix and balance it? For troubleshooting, you may choose to call Hampton bay customer care.
How much extra will I pay if I want the Remote?
Check out the Premium Universal Ceiling Fan Remote Control. Note that even you are using the remote doesn’t mean you can dim the light. The light bulb that is included in this fan is not dimmable. Consider changing the light into a dimmable one, if you want to be able to adjust and dim the light.
Is the motor reversible? Please note: Glendale 52 inch Ceiling Fan motor is not reversible, on the other hand, the Glendale 42 inch motor is reversible. Find out what works best for you. If you have this unit recheck if it is 52 inches or 42 inches.
Is there a plate that I can cover in case I don’t want to use the light kit Yes, the cover is available under replacement parts.
Is this fan compatible with Bond that I can control in my SmartPhone? No, these 2 models are not compatible with Bond but note that there is a Glendale 52 inch ceiling fan that uses Wi-Fi remote control that will work with Google and Alexa. Be aware that prices vary with a model that is using high technology. Check this link out if this is what you are looking for Glendale 52 in. with Light Kit and Wifi Control works with Google and Alexa.
|Glendale 52 in. Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan||Glendale 42 in Hampton Bay|
|*Overall rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars|
*92% of customers recommending the product
|*Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars|
*89% of customer recommending the product
|1429 Costumer Reviews||1323 Costumer Reviews|
|5 stars- 1011||5 stars- 906|
|4 stars- 270||4 stars- 249|
|3 stars- 56||3 stars- 73|
|2 stars- 42||2 stars-73|
|1 star- 50||1 star- 59|
Looking at the table we can see that the 52 inch Glendale fan is more popular in the market than the Glendale 42 inch fan. We will see what the customers like and dislike about these ceiling fans.
What do the customers like about this ceiling fan unit?
Powerful enough and not expensive practical cost with great value.
Easy to assemble and hang. Can be installed in just a few minutes. Wiring instruction is easy to follow.
Nice Light kit the fan itself is elegant, it functions quietly without any wobble and provided a great amount of airflow.
What some customers don’t like about this ceiling fan?
One customer mentioned that one of the glass covers was cracked, which possibly happened when the item was shipped.
The fan didn’t work when taken out from the box.
Other customers mentioned that it was very difficult to assemble the ceiling fan. The screws that are holding the fan blades don’t align properly, and it falls out constantly.
Trouble started after 4 months, it started making a noise.
Nevertheless, the reviews of customers are dependent upon their own experience. Better do research first before purchasing anything that you will need.
Please click on the link below to download the Glendale 52 inch Ceiling Fan Manual. You will need to have Adobe Reader installed to view the manual.
We recommend you also take a look at the Glendale 52 in. LED Indoor Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan with Light Kit on Home Depot website.
Please click on the link below to download the Glendale 42 inch Ceiling Fan Manual. You will need to have Adobe Reader installed to view the manual.