If you have a Hampton Bay Cushion that needs cleaning then there are some easy steps that you need to take to ensure the fabric is not damaged. I have researched the best ways to clean your Hampton Bay Cushions, whether they be patio cushions, outdoor cushions or indoor cushions in 6 easy steps. So how do you clean your Hampton Bay cushions?
Essentially the best way to clean Hampton Bay Cushions is to remove the cover, often many can be slipped off or unzipped, and place them into the washing machine using a gentle wash cycle. If your cushion does not have a removable cover then you will need to vacuum the cushion to remove dust and dirt. Handwash the cushions with mild dishwashing detergent and leave to soak for 15 minutes. Rinse the Hampton Bay cushions with a garden hose then gently towel dry and leave in the sun and air to fully dry.
So lets now breakdown everything step by step and go into the details more fully on how to clean Hampton bay outdoor cushions and Hampton bay patio cushions.
Please also note we cover in this article:
- How to Clean Hampton Bay Cushions in 6 Easy Steps
- Spot Cleaning Your Hampton Bay Cushions
- Review of the best Hampton Bay Replacement Cushions
- Download The Hampton Bay Cushion Care Guide
How to Clean Hampton Bay Cushions in 6 Easy Steps
- Step 1: Where Possible Remove the Hampton Bay Cushions Cover and Wash in a Machine
Use a gentle cycle and wash the covers if they can be removed from the cushion. Check the tags as they may provide additional wash instructions.
- Step 2: Vacuum the Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Cushions
Gently vacuum the cushions, removing dust and dirt, remembering to get around the buttons and seams to ensure a thorough clean.
- Step 3: Hand Wash the Cushions in a Mild Detergent
Using about 1 tablespoon of mild detergent, you can use a washing detergent, in a bucket – 10 to 20 litres of warm water, gently wash the cushion. If mildew is present use 50 ml of borax to the warm water.
You may also use a little bleach, such as Janola in the water if you have no Borax. This will kill any mould or mildew. Allow the cushions to soak in the warm soapy water for 15 mins.
- Step 4: Remove the Hampton Bay Cushions From the Soapy Water and Hose Down with a Garden Hose
Ensure all of the soapy suds are removed. Since the fabric may be delicate use a garden hose and not a pressure washer.
- Step 5: Dry the Outdoor Cushion with a Dry Towel
Soak up as much water as possible using a dry towel. Use a couple of dry towels if you need to. Remove as much of the water as you are able.
Then stand the cushion up on its end, preferably in the sun, or peg to a clothesline to air dry. Make sure no moisture is left in the cushion otherwise mildew and mould will regrow.
- Step 6: Protect your Hampton Bay Cushions with a Fabric Protector
After drying the cushions, you might like to use a fabric protector such as a Scotchguard fabric protector.
The Fabric Protector will help to repel any liquids and should also block any stains without altering the feel and appearance of the cushion fabric.
This allows you to wipe the surface of the cushion clean before the spill soaks in for beautiful, longer-lasting wear.
Following these 6 simple steps to clean your Hampton Bay patio furniture cushions can mean that your cushions will look better and last longer.
You will also be prepared for those outdoor occasions when you have family and friends over to enjoy a relaxing time outside with a BBQ or picnic lunch.
If you are looking for tips and information about Hampton Bay Patio Furniture then check our article entitled: Hampton Bay Patio Furniture where you will also learn:
- Where Is Hampton Bay Furniture Made
- Is Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Any Good?
- Best Place To Buy Hampton Bay Furniture For The Patio
- What To Do If You Have Issues with Your Purchase
- How To Fix Your Patio Furniture
- How To Get Replacement Parts & Repairs for Your Patio Items
- Reviews of The Top Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Items
If you are interested in any of the above topics please check the article: Hampton Bay Patio Furniture
Additional tips for Cleaning Your Hampton Bay cushions
Spot Cleaning Your Hampton Bay Cushions
- Using a spray bottle apply a light mist of cleaning solution. For the cleaning solution use 2 ounces (1/4 cup) mild detergent or soap per gallon of warm water.
- Gently work this cleaning solution into the stain by gently scrubbing the stained section with a soft sponge or a very soft-bristled brush.
- Thoroughly rinse and remove all of the cleaning soap residues.
- Carefully and thoroughly wipe all excess moisture using a clean towel.
- Keep repeating all of these steps until you have removed the stain.
Review of the Best Hampton Bay Replacement Cushions
1. Chili Rectangle Medallion Seat Pad Patio Outdoor Cushion
There are 3 things we like about these Hampton bay Outdoor Cushions and they are:
- Cushion fits almost all wrought iron and just about all patio chairs
- Its design is Simple and very tasteful
- This Hampton bay cushion Cleans very easily using a mild soap and warm water.
If you would like to give your Hampton bay patio chairs a little extra style then these cushions are our number 1 selling item.
These very stylish and versatile outdoor cushions suit so many different frame type finishes and a lot of different designs. This design is suitable for most wrought iron and a large range of different outdoor patio chairs.
The filling is a poly-fiber which offers comfort and is also very weather resistant. It also prevents buildup of mould and mildew.
They are easily cleaned using just a mild detergent or soap and warm water. Don’t use a bleach with these cushions and pads.
With 39 customer reviews, the Chili Rectangle Medallion Seat Pad Patio Outdoor Cushion received an overall score of 4.8 stars out of 5 stars.
And a whopping 100% of buying customers said they would recommend this patio cushion.
Many have said that this outdoor cushion was exactly what they were looking for.
They are absolutely gorgeous fitting all the chairs and making the outdoor patio set look stunning.
We are very very pleased with the high quality and the great price!
All we can say is that this cushion seat pad just ROCKS! We have a pile for all of our outdoor dining tables.
They look good, the colours are just so vibrant with a really pretty pattern. We think that they were definitely a very good purchase!
2. Luella Tropical Trapezoid Hampton Bay Replacement Cushions For Outdoor Furniture
With these hampton bay replacement cushions they look both stunning and are durable. Some of the main features are that they come with a very tropical design that gives them a nice Mediterranean look.
They also have a very plush polyfill that gives you a very comfortable seat
And of course they are very easy to keep clean, and the fade- resistant style gives you a long lasting color.
With a total of 77 Customer Reviews these Hampton Bay cushions received a total of 4.8 stars out of 5 stars, with 100% recommending this cushion.
We already have two of these Hampton Bay cushions on our outdoor patio deck chairs and just LOVE them!!
The stunning colours are just so beautiful and compliment nicely our decor. The price of these cushions is affordable!
Some Other Worthy Outdoor Patio Cushion Mentions Are:
- Hampton Bay Kampar replacement cushions
- Hampton Bay Melbourne replacement cushions
- Hampton Bay Edington replacement cushions
- Hampton Bay Monticello replacement cushions
- Hampton Bay spring haven cushions
- Hampton Bay Woodbury cushions
- Hampton Bay Fenton cushions
- Hampton Bay pacific grove replacement cushions
Download The Hampton Bay Cushion Care Guide, Manual
To download the Hampton bay cushion care guide manual please click the link below.